The FermTank is the first in our line of stainless steel homebrewing fermenters. With an 8-gallon capacity, it is ideal for those 5.5/6 gallon batches. Made out of 304 stainless steel, this fermenter is sanitary, easy to maintain, and versatile.
Unique to this style of fermenter, the FermTank features a welded drain valve at the bottom. Intended to allow for easy cleaning and rinsing, it is also possible to dump yeast, depending on the beer in question.
It includes a thermowell as standard along with a domed lid that can allow for pressure transfers and has a blow off hose barb. The domed lid also has an extra 9/16" hole drilled with plug and o-ring. This port can take a ball-lock gas post and is intended for an easy way to attach a pressure relief valve if needed. The legs are height adjustable when empty.
Marked Down Reason: Clamp slightly out of alignment. The fermenter has a clamp out of alignment and may not hold the pressure required for a pressure transfer. This is typically fixed with a piece of folded card placed underneath the clamp to increase the downward force on the lid. Due to this out of the box issue the unit is marked down.
- 8 gallon capacity
- Includes thermowell and ball valve
- Pressurizable to 4 PSI for pressure transferring
- Racking port with rotatable racking arm
- Has a 3/4" welded drain valve for easy cleaning
- Height adjustable legs
- Gasketed lid with locking clamps for an air-tight fit
- Domed lid with hose barb blow off. Lid also has an extra port with plug & o-ring.
- Dimensions without lid: 24" h (28" w/ leg extensions), 13" diameter, 8 gallon volume.
- Total height with lid and blow off barb: 28" h (32" w/ leg extensions)